Friday, May 27, 2011

The Engine Oil Change

Yes, it has been almost 6 months since my last post. And no, while I've been procrastinating (what else is new?), I am not yet sounding the Last Post just yet.

Today, it gives me great joy to share with you one of the more basic of maintenance procedures you can carry out on your car- Changing the engine oil. You can actually save a lot of money doing this simple procedure yourself, just remember to follow this few simple rules, and you'll be able to save enough for an extra pair of shoes or two.

1. Always dispose of used engine oil responsibly. The earth (all of it) belongs to us and while we do not consciously litter in our own houses, it is also good that we do not do it on other peoples turf. I usually pour the used oil into a container and dispose of it at a nearby workshop. They sell the used oil to the re-cyclers so there will be no issues.

2. Safety should always be on the top of your priorities. As I go along, I will explain the safety procedures you should take heed of. So what are we waiting for? Lets go...


No comments: